Radyo Natin
Aliwan Fiesta Digital Queen

QC active Covid-19 cases down by 4% in 1 week

MANILA — The number of active coronavirus disease (Covid-19) infections in Quezon City has seen a continuous decrease in the past days, giving residents a glimmer of hope that those infected will recover soon.
As of 8 a.m. Thursday, the city government, in a Facebook post, said the number of active cases in the city is now at 8,082, a 4.75 percent drop from 9,299 active cases logged on September 30.
The QC Epidemiology and Disease Surveillance Unit (CESU) also reported an increase in the number of individuals who have recovered from the disease which is now at 94.4 percent or 160,652, from 93.5 percent or 154,172 on September 30.
The city has so far logged a total of 170,179 confirmed Covid-19 cases.
With this development, netizens and residents remain hopeful that the end of the Covid-19 pandemic is soon in sight.
"Buti naman bumababa na po ang Covid-19 sana'y tuloy tuloy na po ito at sa sobrang tagal ng virus na ito dami ng na stress talaga (It is good that Covid-19 cases are slowly going down and I hope that this continues because many are already stressed out from this disease)," said Christopher Lopez in his post.
Netizens also thanked city's healthcare workers who tirelessly helped the local government and assisted Covid-19 positive patients.
They also acknowledged the efforts of the city government in addressing the challenges brought by the pandemic.
"Marami nang gumaling dahil sa tulong ng ating mga masisipag na health workers at mga front-liners at ang ating lokal na pamahalaan. Need natin makipagtulungan sa kanila sa pamamagitan ng pagsunod sa (Many have recovered with the help of the health workers and front-liners and the local government. We just need to cooperate by following the) health protocols," Jennifer Beriska said.
Orland Tisado added, "hindi nasayang ang effort ng ating mga health workers at ng pamahalaan dahil maganda ang resulta ng kanilang sakripisyo at serbisyo (the efforts of the health workers and the government paid off as a result of their sacrifices and services)".
The CESU assured that all data relative to the Covid-19 pandemic have been validated with the help of the health center staff and the barangay officials to make sure that they are QC residents.
Health officials also emphasized that data continuously change because of the enhanced community-based Covid-19 testing by the city government.
Despite this development, residents are reminded not to be complacent and still follow imposed health and safety protocols.
"Wag maging kampante sumunod parin sa mga health protocols para sa kaligtasan ng bawat isa (Let us stay vigilant and still follow health protocols for the safety of each and everyone)," wrote Harvie Cabuyau in his post. (PNA)

Last Modified: 2021-Oct-18 21.17.24 UTC+0800